Saturday, February 20, 2016

Overview of the Blog

So in theme with the local Boston's ______ Blog, I thought it might be a fun (possibly fun just for me) to do a local review of breweries and bars. I recently got back from San Francisco where there were a ton of breweries and I spent like two days touring them with my brother. Breweries are a great time because it gives you a chance to tastes new beers, but also they usually have an awesome set up. The people are super friendly, especially at the smaller places since they have a strong passion for what they're doing and are proud of their product. Since I went to so many in San Fran, I felt like a I betrayed my city since I've missed so many local Boston Breweries. Well no longer!

Most likely there will be a few contributers on here to get multiple opinions and more variety of places.

Focus areas for breweries will be as follows:

1) Beer quality.
2) Atmosphere
3) Food (if applicable)
4) Price
5) Accessibility (Especially without car/driving. I want to try to take public transport and not even lyft or uber to the places.)
6) Most importantly, the gut test. Did we walk out saying "That was a good time, we definitely have to come back"

Other things we will focus on this is different places to go on different situations.

Best before game bars
Best after work bars
Best outdoor bars (in the summer)

First stops on the list are:

Cambridge Brewing Company (Obviously in Cambridge)
Aeronaught Brewing Company (In Somerville)
Bronwyn (In Somerville. This is a bar/restaurant with  German style)

I know at least Cambridge is excited for us to come

When I asked for the go-to I was directed to them all. Well if they're going to twist my arm, I guess I'll have to test the sampler to decide which one I want a full pint of.





Although we are not going to rank them, Aeronaught is the last stop so has an advantage.

Keep in mind all opinions are 100% ours and have no been influenced in anyway since we currently no followers and are doing this for fun. However, low standard of morals so we can be bought. (Even a free beer or two, we promise not to tell Taffer.)

Twitter and Instagram are @bosbrewbar



No comments:

Post a Comment