Thursday, March 3, 2016

Cambridge Brewing Company - A little bit for everyone

The first stop in our quest to find the best breweries and bars in Boston was to Cambridge Brewing Company. Now Cambridge has a reputation for being a lot of hipster Harvard and MIT kids and generally I avoid crossing over into that area. However, all my experiences at bars and now with Cambridge Brewing have countered my long belief that I can not have a good time in Cambridge.


1) Beer -

Excellent. I got a 4 beer sampler to start and my waiter recommended 4 IPA's based on my description of my preference. I enjoyed all four and ordered a full pint of one of them once I was done. They had a variety of beers which I liked. Although I generally like an IPA or pale ale they had something for everyone. We had beer drinkers and non beer drinkers and everyone was satisfied with their order. I definitely would like to explore this menu further.



Grade: A+


2) Atmosphere -

Felt more like a restaurant than your standard Brewery, kind of like  Boston Beer Works. However, big windows provided tons of natural light (it helped that Saturday was a beautiful February day). The crowd was thinner, but still a good amount of people. We had a party of 7 and were able to sit down immediately at noon. Mostly a brunch crowd with everyone drinking beer. The staff was excellent in answering questions and just overall friendliness. They had a super cool mural on the wall too. There's a very attractive and talented man on this in a blue sweater.



Grade: A

3) Food -

Might have been the consensus best part. I had buffalo fingers which were great, but those who were more adventurous were even more rewarded. We went mostly with the breakfast food, they had a burrito that was great and I got to take a bite from. The chocolate donuts are a high recommendation for the table.



Grade - A+

4) Price:

Beer was $8 for a 4 glass sampler and around $5 for a pint. Can't argue with those prices especially since some of the beer is higher percentage than Bud Light. Food was right around $11 for a breakfast plate. Nothing to complain about especially in Cambridge.

Grade: A+

5) Accessibility -

We took the Red Line and it was super easy. Get off at Kendall/MIT and quick 5 minute walk. Look for the signs as the construction made it a little difficult to find once you were there. It is in Cambridge so for someone like me who lives in Southie and usually goes out to Boston, it was a longer trip than normal.

Grade: Corey: A-

6) "That was a good time, we definitely have to come back"
Absolutely. Beer, food, atmosphere, and Tom Brady on the wall. Also, in a great spot to make it one of a few places to check out. They were also active on social media which is always a bonus and creates brand loyalty. As one of four places we stopped at, this was my number 1. I've already recommended to a variety of people ranging from low 20's to mid 50's. Everyone can have a good time at the CBC.

Grade: YES

Don't forget to follow on Twitter and Instagram/exchange-o-gram @bosbrewbar.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment